Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Its an OBAMA-NATION

What an eventful night HUH?? Pretty damn exciting if you ask me, although you didnt Im just telling you. I thought we were going to be in for a long night last night, but faster than you can say "Maverick" even FOX News called the election for Obama!! This is really exciting I think and our future is SOOO bright, Im already wearing shades. Jan 20th couldnt come any sooner.

Well I went to Matagalpa last weekend for a Halloween party, and it was incredible! Matagalpa is such a wonderful city, with things to do, MANY clothing shops, and the weather cant be beat! The costumes were (to say the least) original yet effective. Some of my neighbors came over today and said congradulations on the election, and they were greeted with my support for Obama. I made a sign and posted it on my door just for this election.

My mom called the other night and we kind of planned out their trip when they come here to visit, and as of today we are going to Masaya, Matagalpa, Granada, San Juan Del Sur, Ometepe, and Leon. It is a lot of places to visit in 13 days but I think well manage, I just hope they dont get too bored while down here. ill try my best to uphold my promise to be the best tour guide or your money back.

The elections are going to be here in Masaya on he 9th, and we cannot leave to go anywhere because they have us on standstill, just in case if any violence breaks out, oh well I have 4 strong walls.

This school year is coming to an end which is nice because we have a minor break from the little bastards students. Classes have been going GREAT for the last few weeks because I think they know the final exams are coming and none of the teachers actually make the students THINK on exams so they know the rest of the year will be a cakewalk.

Well I dont have really much else to say now, but I promise you the blogs will be much better and conatain more "meat" once I get my new laptop during X-mas. it just sucks to have to pay for the internet AND write your blog. If you have any suggestions of thinkgs I could write about, please let me know.

ADIOS
IM PROUD TO BE AN OBAMANATION

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John- You must be dreaming or smoking too much hippy-hay, MCCain won! Or, was I dreaming? Oh well que sera, que sera. I still think Hillary is the best choice. I looked at the prices of tickets after I skyped you and got sick. Oh well, that money was a gift from the govt. (stimulus pkg.), and I'm over it.To get a refund from Orbitz, if someone gets a lower price, it has to be for the exact ticket I bought, same time departure, same # of days in Nica, etc. So, I won't get a rebate from them. I'm waiting for the next stimulus package so I can spend it in Nicaragua.
Steve ate Birthday dinner here and then left. He was tired of the interrogation he was being put thru from Detective Jeffie. I had to get off the computer to rescue him (Steven). I wonder why he doesn't come over more often? It was nice talking to you and hopefully you will have a few nice days off inbetween semesters.
Remember to start stocking up on the Tona for your house guests, I don't think they have Japanese markets open at night there.
We miss you and will give you a call in a couple of weeks. Anything special you want me to sample for you at China Buffet?
Adios Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Well I am excited that Obama won. Have you looked up the definition of Obama-nation. Its some what mean...LOL... So here it is.
Obamanation
1. The horrible state of affairs that results after a Barack Obama win as president; OR 2. the fanatical obsession that has swept the United States in support of Barack Obama.

Crazy huh. Well either way its awesome. Hope all is well in the Nica today.

Anonymous said...

Hey John,
Tell us more about your PC work! Also, share thoughts with anyone coming to the Caribbean in the PC, and what you wish you'd brought [I know, a lap top!], and what you wish you'd NOT brought with you.
How long have you been there? Is the PC all you'd hoped it would be?
TKS
Ann Hawkins