Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hurricane Alma...and all that Jazz

So, once again I have decided to update my blog. I am such a horrible blogger. So in a nut shell, what has been going on.. let me see. I went to a bull riding thngy the other day, and Im pretty sure one of the men was either paralyzed or killed. The way it works here, (it seems to me) that the men drink all day, and then once they are drunk enough that they want to show off, they put on a hockey mask and jump on the bull. This one man got on his bull, and after three jumps of the bull, the man´s back stopped bending, and thenhe was thrown into the air like a rag doll and landed ever so softly onto the ground. Then the bull was pissed off, and he decided he was going to jump into the airr, and land on him with his back two feet. thank (insert higer being here) that the bull missed, but the one clown guy (that gets the attention of the bull) was also caught by the bull and thrown into the air. Now remember the man on the ground? Well yeah, in the states, they would have shot and killed the bull or whatever, but made sure that the man was still alive, but not here my friends. Instead of making sure his neck-back wasnt broken, they grabbed the poor man by one of his arms and drug him out of the arena. If that man was to ever walk again, I think they f@"!ed that up for him. That´ll learn em!!

On a brighter note, there is a Hurricane coming towards Nicaragua, and it is supposedly supposed to get realy bad tonight or tomorrow, so I thought I would update this blog thing before I lose power, or lose my life by one of God´s natural disasters. But seriously guys, since Im in the Peace Corps I am totally safe, Alma (hurricane´s name) totally knows not to mess with us Peace Corps volunteers, or she will have to answer to the American people... and sometimes we can be bitches... really I think she´s scared and will turn away!!

On an even BRIGHTER note, belive it or not, I should be getting a cell phone on Friday. It is mother´s day here in Nicaragua on May 30th, and there are many rebajas (sales) so for all you people out there that want to call me, you ill have the chance to do so. Well thats all I´ve got for now.

PS. Liz, just an update, it wasn´t crabs I had, they were pieces of rice that fell of my plate from dinner last night. So there´s no need for you to be worried!! WERE STILL CLEAN!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hoping that this misses you, I hope all is okay. If it does, Im sure you will be busy with cleanup etc. The cell phone thing is great, specially if it is on sale. We all know how you like the sales, and things on clearance. The bull riding thing is just retarded. If I ever hear that you did that, BAM no more friendship..LOL... Dont want to be friends with a paraplegic. So just kidding, but seriously that is not a smart thing to want to do. Okay have to get some things done for a new school. Note to everyone dont apply at MSB. Talk to you soon John!

Anonymous said...

John I'm glad that you weathered out the storm. Is that story just a bunch of BULL? Just wondering if you got your package or letter yet.Are you just going to beer/bull arenas or are you actually working? Have a good week and will write later. Thanks for the update and we are glad you are safe. Mom

Anonymous said...

John-- was that pubic Rice or Lice ?
Joel

Are you OK ?

Anonymous said...

John! My buddy! Things have been so nuts, I've figured out your mom's phone and still need to call her, but thought I'd wait a good while because I am sure she had an adjustment after you left. Here it is...more than a month after you left and I just now remembered I put your blog on my "Favorites" list. Sheeesh. You are so good with words, your bull-riding story gave me quite a visual. I've been spending time with my cousin who is home from mission work in Uganda. She leaves Monday and will be gone for another year. Will go for now, wrote down your regular email...hope this finds you well and smiling that I wrote!!! dori:)

Anonymous said...

hey. big layoff today at UHG. we lost some good ones. pour one out for the homies!