Saturday, May 3, 2008

Leaving On A Jet Plane

OK, so once again its been a while. I am now just 12 hours away from leaving!!! Ahh its been a long road, from application to invitation; many hours of paperwork, hundreds of dollars for doctor's bills, but I'm sure it will all be worth it. I'm sitting here typing this while I should be spending more time with my friends and family, but I really needed to update this blog for my 1 loyal reader... THANKS MOM!! I dont think it has kicked in yet that I am leaving, and for some reason I think that when I do, it will be one hell of am emotional jump, but enough about this emotional crap... Im thinking that I have way way too much luggage. Ive seen a few pictures of other PC volunteers in Nicalandia and they have much less stuff. I have my big hiking backpack and a medium/small sized rolling luggage to check, then I have my laptop and another bag for carry on. ¡¡EEkks muchas cosas!! I will have to post pics of all my luggage, but Im using a friends computer as my moms internet is out (damn charter and bad storms). I will try to do another update when I get to Washington, but I dont know if the hotel will have wireless. OH YEAH I almost forgot. Here is my address while I am in training:

John Cunningham
Voluntario del Cuerpo de Paz
Apartado Postal 3256
Managua, Nicaragua
Central America

So if you feel the need to send a letter or large sums of money, feel free!! Im going to watch the newest and LAST episodes of Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and The Office that I will see for a very long time. Please feel free to update me on the going on's of Betty and her struggles, the doctors of Seattle Grace, and the employees of Dunder Mifflin (ask her to marry you Jim!!). Ill keep in touch, and also I crested a new email for while I am gone. it is cunninjj@gmail.com Ill be using this more often while I am gone.

HASTA LUEGO!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the moment you leave till the moment you get back, every one will miss you. We all know that you are doing something very major and important. Makes me proud to say that someone I know is in the Peace Corp. How many people have the chance to say that? No one that I know of. Last night was a blast. We will all have to watch the shows for you, and let you know what happens. Ugly Betty, The Office, Greys Anatomy, and finally but not least Pushing Daisies. To bad there is not an international site that you can find them. Well to make this short. Good Luck, and if you need anything let myself, or anyone know. Cause we are here to help.

Kayla said...

hey darlin. you should be all snuggled up in your hotel for the night by now. i'm soooo excited for you. keep in mind while you're gone...you're not just doing this for you, you're doing it for me, too. stupid girl running off and getting married and having babies...wtf was i thinking?? i could be in nicaragua with you right now!! i hope all goes well in dc for the next few days and all my best for your international trip to your new home away from home! miss you & love you!