Sunday, July 27, 2008

Out of the frying pan into the fire!

Well as the name of my blog says it all, I am now leaving the comforts of training and jumping into the wonderful world of becoming a volunteer. Over all the training was really a great way of getting used to the Nica lifestyle and a GREAT way of meeting other volunteers. The last few days have been pretty nice, other than my stomach playing games with me. I am seriously dreading going to the PC office and gathering the rest of m things to begin the journey to Masaya. I know the microbus guys are going to charge me an arm and a leg for the stuff, but I just want to get it done now rather than leaving some of my things at the office and then having to come back in the next few days. We are all sitting here in the shade of our little breakfast nook trying to consume the last bit of American food we can. Some just ordered the breakfast served here in the hotel while others walked to Burger King and ordered the yummy BK breakfast. I'm looking over at Stephanie and I'm thinking of assaulting her and stealing her Crossanwich. But ill fight the urge. Well I wanted to tell you all how it's going, and I think Im going to jump in the shower and make my last tour of the city before I jump to Masaya. ADIOS everyone... I'll be back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John! Congrats on becoming an offical PeaceCorps Volunteer! Wow, I didn't know you would be gone for two more years! Yikes! The pictures are terrific! I love the scenery and it looks like you and your friends are having a great time. On the July photos it appears like you've removed some weight. Are your eating habits different? No snacking on M&M's? :) Today I was at Dawn's home....a beautiful rental on Lake Wissota....fabulous!!! I even had a cigarette! :) In memory of the UHG days! I miss you, but know you are well and having a blast!

Anonymous said...

John- I hope you didn't have too much trouble dragging all your luggage onto the bus. So glad that you didn't assault a friend for a B.K.breakfast sandwich. I will buy you a full meal at B.K. in Masaya when we visit you in January.What is Dori talking about? I know YOU would NEVER eat junk food. Dori must have been force feeding you the M%M's at work. Good luck teaching at your new school and with your new host family. At least there's a doctor in the family if you get sick. I will call this weekend to check on your bad behavior. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
Dori gave me your blog, I had to archived my work email and I cannot get it back. So lost your email. I hope you are doing well. You look great, I hope your having a great time and an Awesome experience to share when you get old... lol.
We all miss you at work, I have the same cube open for you when you get back... and a big bag of M&M's.
Take care,
I will write soon.

Love
Dawn-- your old naggy boss...:)

Kayla said...

Look out Masaya...Juan Cunningham is coming and he's bringing his baggage!

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure everything will go good. Found a couple cheaper flights last nights for in December. That is the def time I will be coming to see you. So your parents will come a couple weeks later. I think that will work out nice. Maybe I will come an observe classes with you. Who knows. Until the next time we talk or you blog, GOOD LUCK with everything!

Anonymous said...

Wow I cant type without glassss on as you can see.. Hahahaha