Friday, January 2, 2009

Dancing our faces off with a little liquid inspiration

-Old blog entry-


So I just got done watching The Biggest Loser, and I am so excited that Michelle just won! She had been my favorite since the first episode and I knew that she was going to win. Then came on Momma’s Boy, BLAH so I decided to write on my blog.
Last week, I went to visit Liz in Granada while her site-mate and everyone’s favorite “chinita” was in the states on vacation. He had a lot of fun doing absolutely nothing. We did do a little walking around the city, and we came back to the house and enjoyed singing along to the Beatles and random music from our MP3 players…she is one hell of a singer… in a group of mutes, SHE would defiantly win in a singing contest! Therefore, in our singing mood, we decided to go out to Karaoke and watch the local singers. Some were better than others, and others made our ears bleed. Liz and I decided that next weekend we are going to do a little singing of our own. I don’t want to toot our own horns, but when we sing together, people cry; it’s almost like two angelic cherubs singing to greet the “man” for his second coming. OK well, there is no second coming, and people do not really cry, but we can harmonize like nobody’s business. I think we will probably sing something from the Beatles, or something fun, but it will be a blast, and something you should not miss.
I have recently been trying to organize my parents’ visit here to Nicaragua, and I am FINALLY done with the hotel reservations and everything… AHHH feels so good to have everything done; now I can’t wait for them to come down here and see where I have been living the last eight months. I’m pretty excited not only to see them, but I’m getting another laptop to replace the one that I ever-so-unselfishly donated to a fellow Nicaraguan (AKA I got robbed). Matagalpa should be fun, we are going on a coffee plant tour, and are going to the Selva Negra which I have heard mixed feelings on, but we’ll see. I already know that they are going to like Granada, because they liked Granada in Spain, and this is very similar…well kind of.
A few other volunteers and I were talking about how this Christmas just does not really feel like Christmas. I know for me, a Wisconsinite, 10 feet of snow on the ground makes it Christmas and maybe that’s why it doesn’t feel so. Also we are so used to being around our family and friends during the holidays, and now we are with our new family and friends here yet still it doesn’t seem the same.
On a brighter note, I have decided to go to Granada with a few of the other volunteers for Christmas, and then after Christmas we are going to Chinandega for a little time on the beach. I am not sure what I am going to do for New Years but I’m sure I will have a great time.
Well nothing else really to report so I’m going to get back to my Harry Potter book, and jump back into the wizarding world; check you “muggles” later!


So I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Because mine here was great! We had a huge feast with homemade mashed potatoes, stuffing from good old America (thanks mom!) chicken…oh my. We decided that we were going to marinade the chicken with a little of this, and a little of that and then cook it in the oven, but after two failed attempts of trying to light the ghetto style oven, and almost 6 (would have been) accidental deaths (due to exploding ovens) we decided to pan cook the chicken. After the Christmas feast we headed down to San Juan Del Sur. In three words to describe San Juan, I would throw out: Overpriced, mediocre, and not-worth-it! Blah I say, Blah. Although we did splurge and get a wonderful lobster meal in a restaurant on the beach, spending a good portion of our monthly allowance, we decided to blow the old proverbial Popsicle stand, and made our way to Granada. Being alone in the house alone, Stephanie, Patrick and I, we noticed there was music playing and a bottle of rum. Unopened. LIQUID INSPIRATION. With 3 light bulbs going off at the same time, we took care of that and decided to have our own “Dance Party America Extravaganza 2000” and we literally danced our faces off. After taking a quick minute to find our faces, we called it an early night. 3:30AM. Once we fell asleep, and sugar plums began dancing in our heads, what night would be complete without the neighborhood band playing music while parading down the street. Waking up, with our heads pounding, (must have somehow drank some tainted Coke) we continued to enjoy our New Years Eve morning. During the night, we headed over to a house that was being rented by the parents a fellow volunteer (hello Richman family) we listened to the music of a Nicaraguan band. After the New Year came, we headed downtown to see if Karaoke was still going, but it wasn’t. we headed home and stayed up for a while longer and reminisced about our wonderful night. The next morning, Andaring with Goma, I headed back home.
Now I am waiting for my parents to begin their journey to Nicaragua, getting my house settled, and cleaning it. Which really reminds me, I should really get back to that. Here are a few pictured below of what’s been happening. Oh yeah I got a cat. I named him Lupin.



WHILE DANCING OUR FACES OFF


ONCE PUTTING OUR FALLEN FACES BACK ON...some of us had problems


YAY STOVE TOP, AND I HELPED!

SELF PERFORMED RHINOPLASTY. IVE SEEN BETTER, BUT IT WORKED

ME AND MY GATO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I posted a note but it must have gotten lost in cyber space. I think you could have saved the lobster for me. You need to do a better job making sure you dance all of yer faces off. How did the rhinoplasty turn out?

Keep up the great blogs. Mom